Hong Kong Is one of the most exciting travel destinations of the globe as life here never seems to slow down. According to the latest survey, Hong Kong is the 11th most popular tourist destination chosen by international tourists.
From shopping, eating out in chic restaurants, sightseeing or simply being lost in boat rides, this place has it all for an unforgettable experience
Lets take a look at some of the top five places to visit in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong being a special administrative region is home to around 260 islands. One such popular island is Lantau Island which is a one full day event as far as visiting this island is concerned. This island is home to the biggest bronze Budha statue called the Tian Tan or Big Budha. It is the worlds largest statue and is said that on a clear day one can see it from Macau or mainland of China. You can take the Ngong Ping cable car towards the statue to take in the breathtaking views of the peaks and the South China Sea. On your way back from the Big Budha you can also visit the Po Lin Monastery.
Another star attraction of Hong Kong to play with the pandas is none other than the Ocean Park. The park is the educational representation of Hong Kong culture with its animal exhibit and oceanarium. From the thrilling rides to playful pandas and dolphins, this park offers it all. A must-visit destination if traveling with kids. For details visit :
Happy Valley Racecourse:
If you are into race horsing and betting, what better way than to head straight to the most popular Happy Valley Racecourse. Open every Wednesday during the betting season(July- September) take in some action and trackside fun such as sipping up some beer and munching down some steaming hot dogs.
Hong Kong Disney land:
For some ultimate fun you have to head to the magical Disney themed park called the Disneyland. Main street USA, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventure land, Toy story land and Grizzly Gulch are the most popular see and ride sections of the park. Not only kids but also as adults, you would be tempted into spending the whole day in this mesmerising theme based park.
There are events being held year long, for details visit :
Not to miss out adventures while in Hong Kong:
• Be it day or night, a ferry ride with the Star Fery across Victoria Harbour is a must try.
• Hiking the Hong-Kong trail of 31 miles stretch to reach the highest point of a breath-taking 360-degree view of Hong Kong.
• Renting junk boats to party hard and experience water activities
• Escape to the spa to relax can be a good choice with various options available.
No trip is complete without shopping:
• Head to Temple Street Night market, Temple Street, Mongkok. Famous for electronic goods to cheap colourful watches with some karaoke and fortune telling for extra fun.
• Ladies market, Tung Choi Street, Mongkok: This market is known for copies and fake clothes.
• Stanley Market, Stanley: Great place to pick up a souvenir of your Hong Kong trip with a wide variety of Chinese style gifts
• Wan Chai Street, Tai Yuen Street, Wan Chai: Outdoor departmental store selling almost everything.
I do hope you are inspired to book a trip to Hong Kong Soon!